Fall in Northeast Florida is a great time to enjoy cooler weather (finally!) and delight in the birds migrating through or just arriving in our area for the winter. It's also a great time to join our chapter if you are not already a member. Our Fall membership campaign is going on right now, and you might be the lucky winner of our membership campaign drawing!
When you join Duval Audubon Society, you also become a member of the National Audubon Society as well as Audubon Florida, and your membership supports the efforts of all three organizations. Audubon is one of the most respected conservation organizations in the world, and our local chapter is an all-volunteer non-profit group that works hard to protect the birds we love and achieve our mission of connecting people with nature.
Why join Audubon? So many reasons:
- You will be a conservation hero. Your support directly helps efforts like our Lights Out program encouraging businesses and homeowners to reduce nighttime lighting to ensure birds safe passage during migration.
- Your voice will be heard. The more members we have, the more effective our voices for birds and bird habitat will be.
- You will be in the know. Our monthly newsletter will keep you informed about what’s going on right here in Clay, Duval, and Nassau counties.
- You will have fun! Our field trips and monthly program meetings offer a way to socialize, increase your knowledge and have fun in the process
- You will feel better. Research shows that getting out in nature can reduce blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones, so join us on a bird walk or volunteer work day.
- Your investment is very reasonably priced. You can join Audubon for an initial donation of only $20. All transactions made through our website are 100% secure and tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law.
All new members in Clay, Duval, or Nassau counties who join Audubon from now through October 16, 2021 will be entered into a drawing for our customized Duval Audubon ball cap and a copy of the Sibley Guide to Bird Life & Behavior, so don’t delay, join today!