Welcome to Duval Audubon Society
Connecting people with nature, conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife.
We are a chapter of the National Audubon Society and have about 1,350 members in Clay, Duval, and Nassau Counties in Northeast Florida. We host monthly informational meetings throughout the year and also offer field trips, special events, volunteer opportunities, and other activities. Please check our calendar of events for a current listing of our upcoming activities. We hope you'll join us!
Please Donate to Duval Audubon!
As a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) non-profit, we are grateful for your support. Every contribution helps us continue our work in Northeast Florida!
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (#CH4724) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR DUVAL AUDUBON SOCIETY, A FLORIDA-BASED NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
We are still accepting nominations for our board of directors. We are an all-volunteer chapter governed by a board of directors who work together to plan and coordinate the activities offered by the organization to further our mission, “Connecting people with nature, conserving and restoring natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife.”
We currently have board director openings in several areas, including Youth Outreach; Programs; Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; and Volunteers. In addition, we are currently without a Vice President, an officer position that will be critical in the coming year as the current president’s final term will end on June 30, 2023.
Here's what's happening this month:
- Florida Native Plant Society, Ixia Chapter Program @ The Garden Club of Jacksonville: "Planting a Native Habitat for Birds," featuring Ixia Chapter Outreach Director and Duval Audubon Society past president Jody Willis: 6-8 pm, Wednesday, October 5, 2022 (more info here)
- October Big Day @ Your Favorite Birding Spot(s): ALL DAY, Saturday, October 8, 2022 (more info here)
- Nature Walk and Volunteer Work Day @ Crosby Sanctuary: 8 am - 12 pm, Saturday, October 15, 2022 (register here).
- Monthly Program (virtual meeting): "Hog Island Audubon Camp: An Unforgettable Nature Experience": 6:30-8 pm, Monday, October 17, 2022 (register here)
- Florida Birding and Nature Festival @ Apollo Beach, FL: October 20-23, 2022 (more info)
- Open House @ Crosby Sanctuary: 8 am - 12 pm, Saturday, October 22, 2022 (no registration needed).
We look forward to seeing you soon!