Calendar of Events
Duval Audubon Society and the Ixia Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society are hosting an invasive plant control work day at Crosby Sanctuary! Volunteers are needed to remove invasive Chinese tallow, camphor, lygodium & paper mulberry. Maybe some air potatoes also. Come anytime and work for an hour or two.
We will have a limited supply of gloves, trash bags, and garden tools for the work day, but if you have them, please bring your own so there will enough for everyone who wants to volunteer.
Duval Audubon Society's Crosby Sanctuary conservation property is over 500 acres of swamp and oak hammock located in the heart of Clay County. Over 140 species of birds have been recorded on the eBird list at the preserve. You can access a printable map of the preserve here.
COVID-19 NOTE: Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).