Calendar of Events
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance will be limited to no more than 25 people, and you must register on our Meetup site to participate.
The Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens is a 120-acre urban woodland with over three miles of trails through a series of distinct ecological habitats, including a walking path encircling a beautiful two-acre lake. There are over 100 labeled plants. The Arboretum is developed and managed by the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens, Inc., a non-profit entity that leases the land from the City.
Target birds: Owls, flycatchers, wood warblers, and thrush.
Meet at the water fountain at the entrance of the park at 8:00 am. Bring binoculars, drinks, snacks, sunscreen, bug spray, sturdy walking shoes, and a hat if desired. There is no entrance fee, but they do have a donation box at the entrance.
COVID-19 NOTE: Masks are not mandatory per the new CDC guidelines, but for the safety of all participants and volunteers, masks and social distancing are strongly recommended. Please, no sharing of binoculars or scopes. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days:
- A new fever
- A new cough that is not because of another illness
- A new shortness of breath that is not because of another illness
- A new sore throat that is not because of another illness
- Sore muscles not because of existing illness, or not from exercise or injury
- Diagnosis of an infection
- Exposure to someone known to be infected
- Someone you are closely associated with experiencing any of the above symptoms.
- You are currently experiencing unmanaged seasonal allergy symptoms (e.g., persistent cough, sneezing).